Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Busy happenings...faithful God.






Just a quick note to let you know about my week thus far. Actually, it's been quite a month! Some of you know that my Grandpa passed away on May 15th. We had been caring for him in our home for 2 months prior, and my Grandmother Matlock continues to live with us. Then came the usual graduation/awards hoopla, campmeeting at GBS(even though I was just there 1 night,) the birth of my newest "nephew," Carson..(adorable btw, as you can see from this pic,) the annual family cookout last weekend, and the trip to Cincinnati to meet Carson. Then this week, my Grandma Speer got married last night on her 82nd birthday, and we had a big dinner, cake, cleanup, etc. Thankfully, we did NOT have to decorate, but did provide food, music, etc. It was a nice ceremony, and everything's good ( See pic at top to view the happy couple!) Then this morning, my mother had a cardiac cath after flunking her stress test last Friday. Well, they found a 90% blockage in her left anterior descending coronary artery! A heart attack waiting to happen. Thankfully, they were able to stent it, and she is doing well, despite having some problems with bleeding this afternoon. If she continues to do well overnight, she will be able to come home tomorrow. So we're very thankful...God is good!






If you're tired after reading all this, imagine what it's been like around here! I think we're all ready for life to slow down just a tad. Don't get me wrong, I like a break from routine. But I don't like it much when there is NO routine to life, just one new challenge after another. As far as I know, there isn't much excitement in June...just birthdays, work, etc. In July, I have to play for a wedding early in the month, then vacation in Florida! Yay!!!! Hopefully, it will be time spent with friends, getting some R & R :) So now you have an idea what life's been like lately. Sometimes people think that when a person is single, they don't have much to do. I hope you understand that that is just not always the case! And all this was with working full-time, and teaching piano on my day off. But I'm not complaining, really. God truly gives us strength one day at a time.



So now you know :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to your grandmother and to your family!

Kim M. said...

Hey we are praying for Janet. I am so glad she didn't have to go through open heart surgery! Although I know she has a lot of recovery left.
Mammaw and Kenny look so cute! Can you email me some of the wedding pictures? I forgot my camera that day and didn't want to run late.

Karen Walden said...

Cindy, I had no idea your Grandma Speer was getting married!!! How sweet! Amy and Missy are holding out on me! I just discovered your blog from someone else's link! I really enjoy these! (I spend way to0 much time on here these days!) Keep in touch!

tacomom said...

The new nephew is absolutely adorable!! (and I'm a veteran aunt since I have 17 nieces and nephews and 8 grand nieces and nephews :)