Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another Cindy Moment...or at least a stupid moment.

Okay...I'm not sure I should even post this. But for those of you who know me well, you will enjoy this hugely. So I don't want to deprive you of the laughter that is soon to follow. I also want to make sure that those who are nearest and dearest understand that picking out the nursing home may soon be a matter of concern. You may want to make sure that there is an Alzheimers unit....

Okay. So here's what happened. As a home health nurse, I visit many very rural areas. In all the little towns that I go through, I know where there is food, and I know where there is a bathroom(clean or not!) So one day last week, I was way out in no-man's land. I got myself this absolutely wonderful turkey and colby on white. Very yummy. I got it at a tiny grocery store, and they put on miracle whip, lettuce, mayo, etc. It was kind of messy, and there was no place to eat. So I looked for a place to pull my car over and eat. I finally found the deserted fish/game club, and pulled in there. Like I said, the sandwich was messy, so I was doing my best to hold it together, and WHAM! I bit my own finger. Yes, you read that correctly. And let me tell you, while it did not break the skin, it really smarted! I don't know when I have felt so dumb. I sat there and laughed for a while before I could even finish my sandwich. I was just so grateful that I didn't do that in a public place :)

So now you know. There will not be pictures of my sore finger to illustrate this little post with. I didn't think that was completely necessary.

Oh, and one other thing. I now have a patient that never brushes his teeth. He's middle aged, and doesn't ever remember brushing them, and he's not about to start now. I knelt on his floor to change a dressing on his foot, and came back up with black knees. I had to stop at yet another rural gas station, go into the bathroom, and clean up the best I could with soap and paper towels. Life is interesting, if nothing else :)

Okay...that's all for now. For those of you who may have the misfortune of being responsible for me when I can no longer think for myself, please help me to recognize when the day has come that I need to be placed. And if I don't recognize it, place me anyway, for the good of society. But please...do pick out a nice facility. I do ask that of you....

'Night :)

5 comments:

Kim M. said...

Very funny and mostly funny because I've done that before! Were you really that hungry? Finger sandwich...

Dixie said...

Wow! I'm not sure what to say about this.

So nice to talk to you the other day.

Anonymous said...

Indeed a classic moment.

I never brush my teeth either. :)

Kidding!!!

Kimberly said...

That is hilarious! I laughed out loud and I am still smiling.

Kim M. said...

You have been tagged. Visit my blog for details...