Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Cindy moment....

Wow...another post from me. And so soon too! Well, I just had to tell you about a funny happening in my day. I'm on-call this weekend, and after seeing patients for a few hours this morning, I was hot, tired, and ready for a little refreshment. As I was heading back into the office to get started on a few hours of paperwork, I decided to stop at Starbucks. I ordered a tall blueberries & cream frappacino, light, double-blended, thank you very much. Starbucks is literally just across the street from the office, so I decided to take it with me. Well, I had my arms absolutely loaded...my laptop, all my pertinent information for the weekend, charts, my huge water jug, with alas my poor frap on top of my jug. I got the door unlocked okay, but my frap tipped over on the way in the door. Children, there was blueberries and cream frap ALL over the floor, all over the cloth-type divider wall. The little plastic cup shattered when it dropped, so I lost it all. Very sad. I would've been better off to just toss $4.03 out the window of my car. At least there wouldn't have been a mess. So instead of blissfully enjoying my little treat, I cleaned up the mess as best I could with paper towels, and had to call housekeeping for a little spot remover help. It was just such a Cindy moment. Always trying to carry too much - save the extra steps, and then making a big hash out of it :) Oh well, guess I didn't need the extra calories anyway!
btw, if you haven't tried the blueberries and cream, well, you need to get right on that. You will not be sorry...
'night.

4 comments:

Julie Schultz said...

Pauvre Cindy!

Anonymous said...

Great mental picture. (Well, I guess not great for you, but pretty great for the rest of us.) ;-)

Kim M. said...

Oh my what a catastrophe!!!!! That would have brought me to TEARS! I was actually fixing some coffee tonight for me and Michael and was making my love of coffee sound like a trashy romance novel may sound. It got quite "steamy" ha ha.. get it.. steamy.. coffee. ha ha ha

Cindy said...

Julie: If you're gonna leave French words on my blog, at least translate:) It took the friend who posted below you to translate. I only hope she knew what she was talking about....

Sonja: So grateful that I could add some beauty to your day through the mental picture. Thanks for the translation of Julie's French :)

Kim: You're a scream :) I'm holding my sides....hehe :)