Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sharing an Indiana Sunset

Hi! I know it's shocking for me to post twice in one week, but sometimes I enjoy shocking people:) Just don't get too used to it! This will be short...at least I think it will be. One never knows for sure...

I went shopping in Bloomington this afternoon for dog food and music books. Quite a combo huh? I had to visit 3 different music stores to get all the books I needed for band and piano...whew! But everyone was very nice, and I ended up getting one book free for the school. They had forgotten to put 4 books on my invoice, so I called them and went back. They had redone the receipt, but only added 3 more books. When I called it to their attention, they said it was their mistake and wouldn't let me pay for it! So a small price break for SCCA...plus I got them set up for tax exempt status at that particular store. That will be a big help, as it's my favorite place to go for brass and wind instrument needs.

After a good dinner at the Outback Steak house with my parents, I did a couple more errands, and returned home to a beautiful sunset.



To be very honest, seeing a sunset like this one makes me feel wistful. It makes me wish "Mr. Right" were around to enjoy it with. But alas, no one was around to enjoy it with me, save my parents and Snickers.



So there wasn't anyone around to hold my hand, give me a hug, or whisper "sweet-nothings" in my ear, but I did get a li'l puppy-kiss on the chin from the world's sweetest little Yorkie! So that was of some comfort :) It's tempting to fall into the doldrums, but Snickers tries to cheer me up when he senses I am sad. And he does a pretty good job of it too!

So that's that. Nothing profound tonight. Just wanted to share a southern Indiana sunset with ya. Hope you enjoyed it!

5 comments:

Mark said...

great pictures - of the sunset that is - and the day I let a mutt slobber on my face is the day I'm lying dead and can't do anything about it :-)
You're the second person in 2 days that went to Ouback - I'm hungry for their bread!
Well, glad you have a dog to keep you company - better you than me! :-)

Cindy said...

Mark, just because you don't like dogs doesn't mean that I have to be just like you! And Snickers is not a mutt...he resents that implication:) And I am grateful for a dog to keep me company. Especially since SOME people I know up and deserted the singles club. Not that I'm bitter.
I do have to agree that the Outback has incredible bread!!!!YUM, yum, yum!!!! I'm ready for some more;)

Mark said...

I shouldn't leave rude comments, but it is too tempting :-)

Steve Hight said...

Very nice sunset. And I don't know about Outback bread, since I don't eat there much, but the rolls and honey cinnamon butter at Texas Roadhouse are pretty good!

I hope I get to be at home once in awhile to hear the band and/or chorus, or whatever you're calling the musical groups at SCCA.

krledu said...

I saw your pictures of the sunset and they made me a little wistful for Bedford. And Mark is just plain crazy. lol I think your dog is cute and NOT A MUTT! I am in an internet cafe and the lady has a dog that looks a lot like Snickers. Its so cute. I want to take it home. As far as Outback....no comment. (Oh thats sounds so good though!!!!)