Thursday, November 27, 2008

Yep, still alive and kickin'

Just a quick note to let you know that I am indeed still in the land of the living, lest you be unduly worried :) I am very aware of how long it's been since I've blogged...but I can't take the time for a big newsy post most days. Plus I need to download some pictures from my camera, and that takes a bit of time as well. So that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it..haha.

Just to let you know about a little of my busyness....our school Christmas program is a little over a week away. So I am staying pretty crazy with stuff that needs to be done. Next week promises to be pretty incredible, so I would very much appreciate your prayers. There are costumes to be steamed, sets to be put up, programs to be written, etc, etc. It feels a little overwhelming, sometimes a lot overwhelming. But I know God is faithful, and He will help us get it all pulled together. Also, my grandmother has been quite sick with bronchitis, which sounds more like pneumonia. On Sunday night, I found her in the floor at 12:30am. My puppy "just happened" to need to go to the bathroom, so I took him downstairs and heard her. Actually, I believe God had a big hand in it, as she would have laid there 6-7 more hours before being found if Snickers hadn't wanted up. We don't know how long she was down, and she has no concept of time. But we took her to the hospital, and they kept her. She just isn't safe to be at home right now, due to her profound weakness and us not being able to watch her 24/7. She will be going to a nursing home tomorrow for rehab. Hopefully this will be a short-term arrangement, and then we can hire night-time help for when she gets to come home. Honestly, I'm not sure how much longer she will be with us. Please remember my family in prayer during this difficult time.

Well, I must go. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, that almost makes me want to take back what I have thought and said about dogs.....almost - glad you found her when you did. Hope she gets to feeling better.
It does sound like you have been busy - that's what you get for being so talented! I am sure the Christmas program will go off fine. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving

Anonymous said...

Sorry about all the yucky stuff. I pray that everything will smooth out soon. Many blessings and good wishes for your program. I'm sure you will do a smashing job. (And I mean that in the best possible way!) =)

Some day we'll talk on the phone. =) Love ya!

Mark said...

is it time for your December post yet? :-)

Steve Hight said...

Hey, Mark, you gotta understand that this a a BUSY lady! Last night's school Christmas program proves it. Cindy did a super job of prepping, and then directing, a beginning band, an intermediate band, a school choir, a grade-school musical presentation, another school choir . . . . . and even TRIED to look like an angel as she led them through the program. Let's give her at least until tomorrow to post something.

Kim M. said...

Cindy, I was so proud of you the other night. You did an excellent job on the Christmas program. You looked great as an angel too. I posted a picture of her directing the angel choir on my blog if anyone is interested in seeing it. ;-D

Mark said...

Well, if she was an angel, that was a first :-)

Mark said...

you only have 9 days left to get your monthly blog post done :-)

Cindy said...

Funny, Mark! Hahahahahahahaha....you wanna try walkin' in my shoes for a season? Now that my programs are over with, I still have to wrap presents, and do a ton of cooking/baking. But tis the season, and I'm really glad it's Christmas. But I don't know if you should hold your breath waiting on another blog right now :) Lol...

Mark said...

Are you sure your name isn't Martha? :-)