Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Now before you get real excited that I'm posting a blog, this is merely to wish all my friends a very Merry Christmas! My Christmas programs are over, I have been on vacation, and my stress level is pretty much nil :) So now I'm able to get into the Christmas spirit, which is a good thing as we still have some cleaning and baking to do! And no, Mark B., my name is not Martha! Last week I was able to get my shopping done in Lancaster, Pa, and now the gifts are wrapped and under the tree. Hallelujah! I really will try to post a blog soon, and let you know about the Christmas programs, vacation, etc. But Christmas Eve is hardly the time :) So, before I get to work, just want to tell you how much you all mean to me. Thanks for being a special part of my life! During this extremely busy season, it's so easy to lose sight of what Christmas really means. May the Lord help us to keep our focus on Him..not the gifts, not the food, not anything else. For without Him, there would be no Christmas. Of course, without Christmas, there would have been no Cross, and no Easter. And without the Cross, no redemption for mankind; without the resurrection, no hope. So that makes me extra grateful for the meaning of Christmas!

"Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ." Galations 4:3-7

Love to all, and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Mark said...

mercy, if you shopped closer home, you might have got your Christmas shopping done earlier :-)
Lancaster County would be a good place to Christmas shop - I am envious. Glad to see you got your monthly blog post done!

Cindy said...

Who had time to shop closer to home? I basically didn't start shopping until vacation! And Lancaster Co. is the BEST place to shop..no question. Gotta love those outlet malls :) Not to mention the Kitchen Kettle Village, the malls, etc :) Very happy indeed.
And for your information, smart guy, I'm CONSIDERING blogging afterwhile. Now don't hold your breath..but I am thinking about it!