Monday, July 14, 2008

Nellie Update(provoked by Steve H....)

Once again, Steve Hight has put me under pressure to update my blog. So here goes. Thanks, Steve :p

This is to ease your mind about Nellie. Yes, she is home, and being well-cared for. I was able to get her back on Wednesday afternoon, 2 days later than originally planned. But she is home, and running fair. She seems to have developed a new little chug in her engine, but hopefully things are going to be okay.

Well, I know this is brief, but didn't want to leave you hanging any longer:) So far today, I have played the organ for a funeral, worked out at Curves, and now am headed out to mow the yard. I also plan to study for my ACLS exam that I have to take on Thursday. So there you have it: my day in a nutshell. BTW, it was Bro. Wayne Pierce's funeral that I played for. He attended my church, and he is already sorely missed. He was a true saint of God, and is no doubt singing praises around the throne right now. Around our church, Wayne was known as "The Candy Man." He always had candy in his pockets for the children, and was always sharing a joke, or giving someone something from his garden. He was always quick on his feet(at age 91) to shout "Glory, glory, glory," and to take a little trip around the church when he was blessed. There is an empty spot in our church, but Heaven is certainly a richer place today!

5 comments:

Mark said...

That is too bad about Wayne Pierce, but he is in a much better place now. Maybe you can take his place with the shouting!
Maybe you should change your car's name to George - cars named male names cause their owners less trouble - scientific fact. :-)

Kathy said...

So glad Nellie is behaving!
Yes, we will miss Wayne.

Beth Stetler said...

We were sad to hear that Wayne had passed away. He was special and will be missed!

Steve Hight said...

You didn't tell us about the extra key you got.

Kim M. said...

I am glad Nellie is better. Yes we will miss Wayne. During the songs he picked out, I kept "hearing" him say "GLORY"... well I kept imagining, but maybe he really was....