Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yet another Nellie update...

Ok..just to keep the blogging police(you know who you are) at bay, here is another brief update. Remember the "chug" I mentioned in my last post? The one that Nellie had developed? Well, that chug was actually a coil that had gone bad. It has now been repaired to the tune of about $250! Yikes! In the past 2 months, I have put between $900 and $1000 into repairing Nellie!!!! That is not a happy thing, especially as she only has 61,000 miles on her. But I am very thankful that I had enough money in my savings account to pay for the repairs, and I didn't have to go into debt for it. Now hopefully the little bugger will run like she's supposed to for miles/years to come :)

As some of you are aware, I have been on vacation in Pennsylvania. However, this is not a blog about vacation, and I am up to my eyelids in laundry and unpacking. I hope to have a blog up about vacation soon...complete with pictures. There! You happy now? Sure hope so!

Later....

7 comments:

Steve Hight said...

Ahh, so the Emergency Fund played its role and kept you solvent. We need to have a post-Ramsey meeting so you can testify.

And just think -- $1,000 for a car that now likely will last a good while is a lot better than being $15,000 in debt for another one!

Mark said...

I still think it boils down to your car having a female name. Change it to "Tom", or even better, "Mark" and it will run like a charm!

Kimberly said...

Well, I am enjoying your posts so to whoever is "bugging" you....KEEP IT UP! hehehe

Steve Hight said...

he he he

Cindy said...

That was a wicked laugh! At least the guilty culprit recognizes who he is :)

And yes, Dave Ramsey has changed my life. I'm very thankful for the class I took last summer. And I have no intentions of going into debt for a new car.

As far as the name change, I don't think that will be necessary. Nellie is kind of attached to her name already. Don't want to traumatize her any further.

Steve Hight said...

Actually, the name is F-O-R-D, and that may be the problem, depending on what F-O-R-D really means:

Fix Or Repair Daily, say some.

Found On Road Dead, say others.

But, of course, such people have prejudices that they can't seem to get over. I've had Fords before that ran very well.

Maybe Fine, Outstanding, Really Dandy sounds better?

Cindy said...

Another perspective is "First on Race Day!" And that's the one I'm trying to think about. Gotta stay positive. I have a friend who just rolled up 300,000 miles on his Olds. I'm pretty sure Nellie won't make it that far, but I sure would like to see her go alot further than 61,000!